What Causes Wrinkles?
Wrinkles develop as we age. They are tiny folds in the skin due to loss of important components of the skin such as elastin and collagen. This degradation of healthy skin causes it to lose its suppleness and elasticity. It continually thins out your skin and makes it more likely to damage. The skin sags and wrinkles form.
Our skin is exposed to environmental factors that cause wrinkles to be more pronounced and visible. These include sun exposure, lack of moisture and toxins that your skin may be exposed to.
Most people think that wrinkles are an unavoidable part of aging, but there are things you can do to reverse facial aging, slow down wrinkles or even stop them altogether.
Can Skin Aging Be Reversed?
Common skin changes that appear increasingly as you age include freckles, age spots, discolored patches, wrinkles, leathery roughness and very dry skin. Other people develop skin tags, raised bumps called angiomas or scaly patches of skin. While they are undesirable conditions, they are usually harmless. However any unusual skin condition you are concerned about should be looked at by a dermatologist.
Fine wrinkles from sun damage can usually be erased by treatment with retinoic acid. This treatment can also perk up your skin’s texture, lessen discoloration and boost collagen production.
Other signs of aging aren’t reversible but can possibly be treated. For example, you may decide to have a skin tag or rough patch removed for cosmetic reasons. Talk with your doctor about measures for smoothing wrinkles and rejuvenating the look of your skin.
You can also prevent or slow further changes by having good habits to protect yourself from harmful sun rays and if you are a smoker, you should consider quitting. Prevention is very important in the skin aging process.
Some skin changes may be early signs of skin cancer. Talk with your doctor about whether you need to have them removed or checked on a regular basis.
Best Non Surgical Wrinkle Treatments
- Skin Treatments – These improve the quality of skin leaving it fuller and smoother. Microdermabrasion uses fine crystals to literally sand the face and remove dead skin cells from it. This procedure decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and helps to make your skin’s overall texture much softer. It does not use surgery and is mostly pain free. Chemical peels are skin treatments that are used to get rid of wrinkles, fine lines and discoloration. They exfoliate the skin and get rid of dead skin layers.
- Laser Treatments – These are designed to improve collagen production. The treatments are focused on the layers of the skin to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Heat is used to plump up the skin to improve skin tone and tightness.
- Injectables – Botox or Juvederm is injected into the folds of the wrinkle expanding them and smoothing them out. It gives your face a more youthful look. This kind of treatment will last several months.
Best Facial Treatment for Aging Skin
Early fine lines and wrinkles can be removed while during more advanced stages, you can lessen the appearance. At the first signs of wrinkles probably the best treatment is to use retinoids, vitamin C and alpha hydroxy acids. This will nip the growth of wrinkles before they get to be a problem.
With moderate skin damage, the best treatment for aging skin would be a chemical peel or laser resurfacing. Advanced wrinkled treatments would be best treated with injections to fill out the wrinkles and aging areas.
A face lift is a surgical way of treating aging skin. This procedure reduces the excess sagging skin on your face by lifting it up. Normally there are two incisions on both sides of your face and the skin is pulled back to give your face a more youthful appearance. Not only does it get rid of excess skin but it improves the contour of your facial lines. Normal recovery time is two to 4 weeks for surgical facial treatment.
How to Remove Wrinkles From the Face Quickly
Is there a way to remove wrinkles from the face quickly? Probably the quickest results are offered by an injection treatment. But there are also various techniques you can use to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Massaging your face is a quick way to reduce wrinkles. Combined with a moisturizer or a naturally found oil will work wonders on your skin. You can massage oils into your skin like vitamin E. They will tighten the skin. If you want to get rid of wrinkles faster, you should massage your skin with olive oil. It is known as one of the most useful remedies to reduce wrinkles because not only does olive oil help in lightening wrinkles and fine lines but also is known for tightening sagging skin. Olive Oil contains a wide range of sources of vitamins such as vitamins A and E, minerals and natural fatty acids. Vitamins A and E, which are valuable in fighting free radicals, also helps in hydrating skin, making repairs and even regenerating the skin cells so that it appears younger for longer.
- Another suggestion is to use honey. Heat up the pores of your face so they open either by steaming or using a warm cloth. Brush on honey and leave on for about 10 minutes. After using this treatment for a short time you will find your face to be glowing and a noticeable reduction of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Use a facial mask that contains collagen. It has a firming effect on the skin and will reduce wrinkles. After all wrinkles are caused by the loss of collagen so It only makes sense to increase collagen in order to get rid of wrinkles.
What Is the Best Wrinkle Cream on the Market
Is there a best wrinkle cream? That is a hard question to answer. Creams that reduce wrinkles contain retinoids which is a combination of retinoic acid and retinols. These are a topical solution and are applied to the skin.
Vitamin C is also a help in wrinkle prevention. Vitamin C or ascorbic acid protects skin from free radicals which attack the skin.
Hydroxy acids are another ingredient in wrinkle creams. They are used to exfoliate the skin which removes the dead skin cells.
The best wrinkle cream on the market is one that works for your skin. Using a skin cream that targets one or more of the above ingredients will be the best wrinkle cream for you. You will want to make sure your face is moisturized and kept clean as the first step in getting rid of wrinkles.
How to Remove Wrinkles From the Face Naturally
There are plenty of things you can do to lessen those wrinkles that is natural and does not involve spending a lot of money.
- Reduce Exposure to the Sun’s Rays – The sun is probably the number one cause of wrinkles. Your best bet is to stay out of it but if that’s not your idea of fun it is very important to not only use sunscreen on the beach but in any situation where you know you will be exposed to high amount of sunshine. You should also use it on a daily basis. There are moisturizers for your face that contain sunscreen in it. Applied daily as part of your skin care routine, will give your beautiful face protection against wrinkles.
- Quit smoking – Quite simple if you smoke stop. Not only is smoking bad for your overall health but it can age your face at a younger age than is normal. The toxins from smoking can cause deep wrinkles over time.
- Get Enough Sleep – During sleep your body produces HGH or human growth hormone. HGH is very important to the quality of our skin. As we age, the production of HGH significantly slows and additionally that lack of sleep causes an increase in cortisol production with reduces natural skin repair. These two factors combined cause deterioration to the skin as it becomes drier and unhealthy leading to more wrinkles.
- Wash Your Face – Adopt a routine for washing your face on a regular basis. Every night you should remove your makeup and get those chemicals out of your skin.
- Increase Your Anti-Oxidants – There are several foods that contain natural anti oxidants. These foods are beneficial to your skin and other parts of your body so you should incorporate some of the following foods into your diet. Foods like kidney beans, blueberries, grapes, spinach, oranges, tomatoes and pomegranates will all provide you with healthy antioxidants for healthy skin.
- Drink Plenty of Water – Drinking water is such a healthy, natural way of giving our body what it needs. It will flush out toxins, replace lost moisture in skin and give your skin that healthy, youthful look that you are after.
- Avoid Squinting – Sometimes when you can’t see things clearly, you have a natural tendency to squint. This habit causes furrow in the brown and wrinkles around the eyes. Over time this habit causes a permanent wrinkle. Go to an eye doctor to have your vision corrected.
- Eat Healthy Foods – Vegetables and fruits are some of the best food our bodies can intake. They will give radiance to skin and make our faces look younger. Fish is also another food that is good for us. This natural source of Omega 3 in fish gives our skin a more plump appearance which in turn smooths out wrinkles.
- Massage Your Skin – Give your face a massage while applying moisturizer. Use small circular motions to gently rub moisturizer into your skin. It will relax your facial muscles and smooth things out.
- Natural Ingredients For Skin Aging Reversal – Include an olive oil in your skin care. It is commonly known as one of the most helpful remedies to decrease wrinkles because not only does olive oil help in lightening wrinkles and fine lines, but also tightens drooping skin. Olive oil contains a wide range of vitamins such as vitamins A and E, minerals and contains natural fatty acids. Using olive oil helps in hydrating skin and repairs the skin cells so that the face appears younger for a longer period of time.
Natural aloe vera gel right from the plant also does wonders for skin repair. Simply clip the leave of an aloe plant and squeeze out the aloe and apply to your face. It is also very soothing for sun burn.
A third natural ingredient you can use is lemon juice. Apply the juice of lemon to your face to get rid of wrinkles. Apply the juice from lemon and leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes. Additionally you can mix honey into the lemon juice in equal parts and apply the mixture as a face mask.
An avocado is also effective in getting rid of wrinkles. Mash up an avocado and apply the paste from the avocado right to your face. The avocado is filled with essential oils that reduce wrinkles. There are other fruits and vegetables that are helpful in anti aging for skin care. Apples, apricots, pineapple and cucumbers all have ingredients that when applied to face in various forms will reduce wrinkles.
Prevention is probably the number one best skin treatment for wrinkles however as we age we may find ourselves looking for the treatment that help us get rid of wrinkles and other signs of aging. I hope this article was helpful in finding the best skin treatment for wrinkles.